Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Homemade Salad Dressings

My friend Ashley recently sent me some of her yummy salad dressing recipes. She gave me permission for me to post them on my blog so all of you can enjoy them too!

Ranch Dressing
2 cups mayonnaise
2 cups yogurt (or part sour cream)
1/2 cup buttermilk (omit if using all yogurt)
2 TBS lime juice (lemon works okay)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBS each dried chives and parsley
1 tsp. dried dill weed
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper


Place mayonnaise and yogurt in a large container. Slowly stir in buttermilk to avoid lumps. Add remaining ingredients.


Thousand Isand Dressing
2 cups mayonnaise
1 cup yogurt
1 TBS lime juice
1 TBS each chopped onion and dill pickle
1 TBS honey
1 TBS ketchup
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. salt


Mix all ingredients.


Dijon Tarragon Dressing (one of my favorites)
3 cups olive oil
1 cup lemon juice
1 TBS salt
1 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. tarragon
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. honey



Curry Fruit Dressing
(good with tropical lettuce salad containing pineapple, cashews, etc.)
2 cups yogurt
1 cup mayonnaise
Squeeze of lime juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. curry powder
1 TBS honey
1 TBS chopped cilantro

No comments: